From time to time, our fans ask about whether they can tour a Nellie’s farm. Yes you can! We are very proud of our farms, and we would love to have you meet Nellie and her pals.
We’re excited to offer several farm tours for the 2017 summer season.
- June 17th in Lyndonville, VT
- July 22nd in Womelsdorf, PA
- Sept 9th in Womelsdorf, PA
A few things to know about our tours:
- Our small farms are all-hands-on-deck operations. Our farmers have to be in the hen houses tending the flock and packing the eggs every single day and it’s a big job usually handled by one person or a small family.
- We have to observe very careful safety precautions with the recent outbreaks of Avian Influenza, among other risks. If someone visits one of our farms who happens to have their own hen house, and some tiny micro-organism has hitched a ride on their boots or clothing, that family might lose their entire flock. So unfortunately, even though we encourage everyone to raise your own hens when possible, we cannot allow those who have regular contact with live poultry to tour our farms. Sorry!
Please click here to sign up for a tour.