Classic French Omelet
courtesy of Sandra Laflamme
Sometimes simple is best!
2-3 Nellie’s Free Range eggs
2-3 Tablespoons water
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
Butter to grease the pan
cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Mix eggs, water, salt and pepper until blended.
2. Heat butter in 7 to 10 inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
3. Pour in egg mixture. (Mixture should immediately set at edges.) With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary.
4. While top is still moist and creamy-looking, fill with grated cheddar or other toppings, if desired.
5. With pancake turner, fold omelet in half or roll, and invert onto plate with a quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate.