Greencastle, PA – Industrial Machine Mechanic 2nd Shift
This position works as a team member of the Maintenance Department. This position is primarily responsible for installation, troubleshooting, and repairs to computer based, electrical, manufacturing equipment; preventative maintenance; and facility maintenance.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Installation and set-up of machines and equipment.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment and building facility.
- Routine inspections of machinery and equipment to determine adjustments and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair down production equipment and building equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues.
- Support production with changeover, product set-up and start-up.
- Must consistently adhere to all company, State, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining proper housekeeping and organization of maintenance and all work areas.
- Must adhere to SQF and GMP policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn egg grading system.
- Maintain facility to State and OSHA standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5-7 years previous machine mechanical experience preferred
- Vocational or Technical Degree or Certificate preferred
Qualifications Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Industrial Equipment background preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with pneumatic systems required.
- Basic understanding of electricity and electrical wiring as it relates to machinery and equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot AC and DC electrical components
- Understanding of SDS and proper chemical handling
- Ability to obtain Fork Truck certification.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Troubleshoot diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Blueprint, sketch layout, wiring diagram, drawing & specification interpretation skills.
- Basic MS Outlook/Word/Excel, PM Program and MRP skills.
- Food Quality Safety and GMP experience preferred.
- Must be able to work as team and achieve company goals
- Good hand eye coordination
- Manual dexterity and electro-mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 20/20 vision with or without correction
- Tasks require standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and climbing.
- Tasks require use of hand and arms, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Must be able to work extended hours and a flexible schedule on short notice.
To Apply for this position, choose one of the following: