Greencastle, PA – Production Line Lead
Overall Responsibility The Production Lead Person is a working member of the production team with additional responsibilities. The lead person is responsible for placing packaged eggs into final shipping cases and may be assigned to other similar jobs in the egg processing facility. Duties include final in-process inspection and ensure that the correct product is being packaged into the proper cases and onto proper pallets.
Key areas of Responsibility
- This position is shift work and on-time performance is imperative.
- Check the board daily for date codes and accuracy
- Ensure cartons are printed with correct date codes. Inspect one carton for every 15 packed minimum.
- Pack eggs into cases
- Apply labels to cases
- Keep work area clean at all times. Clean up egg matter, paper, banding straps, etc when time allows and always prior to any breaks
- Assist co-workers as needed – teamwork
- Attend safety training, use PPE’s as required and put safe practices into place every day
- Comply with Food Safety and GMP requirements at all times
- The Lead Person will be responsible for facilitating the above tasks by helping guide and direct team members throughout the day to ensure smooth production. This includes start-ups, usage of downtime, changeovers and end of day cleaning & sanitation.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a production environment preferred
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to keep up in fast-paced environment
To Apply for this position, choose one of the following: