Baked Banana French Toast Sticks
Dippable breakfasts are the best kind, especially when maple syrup is involved. These aren’t just your average French toast sticks, either – natural sweetness from bananas puts them a cut above the rest (think freshly baked banana bread combined with Cinnamon Toast Crunch without the added sugar). These dippable delights come to us from Yummy Toddler Food.
6 slices sourdough sandwich bread
2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
1 small very ripe banana, mashed smooth
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 sticks.
- Add the eggs, mashed banana, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Dip the French toast sticks into batter, let excess drip off, then place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Serve warm with toppings or dips such as maple syrup, yogurt, nut butter, or jam.
Let French toast sticks cool, then place onto a baking sheet and freeze. Transfer to a freezer bag or container when hard. To reheat, microwave in 15 second increments until warmed through. You can also store cooled sticks in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!