We’re always looking for an excuse to have pizza for breakfast, and now we finally have one! This breakfast pizza is the key to starting any day sunny-side up, and the kids are sure to eagerly join you in the kitchen to help roll out the dough and pile on the toppings. Our thanks (and a happy Father’s Day!) to Dad With A Pan for this recipe.
1-2 teaspoons flour
1 pound pizza dough, homemade or store bought
4-6 slices bacon
2-3 links breakfast sausage
1/2 red bell pepper
1/4 cup green onion
3-4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- Preheat oven to 475F. Cook bacon and sausage in separate pans over medium heat until fully cooked, then set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough and place on a pan lightly coated with flour, then top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and sausage.
- Thinly slice red bell pepper and green onion, place on top of pizza, then place in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and crack eggs over the top. Carefully place pizza back in oven and cook for 4-5 minutes, until egg whites are set and crust is golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!