Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
You’ve probably never thought of pasta salad as the star of your backyard picnic or neighborhood cookout, but this recipe just might change your mind. The rich flavors of deviled eggs combined with the crunch and zing of red onion and fresh chives takes the classic summertime side dish to a whole new level! Our thanks to Five Marigolds for this scrumptious recipe.
6 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
8 ounces elbow macaroni
2-3 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Sea salt to taste
1 teaspoon fresh chives, minced (optional)
- Hard boil six eggs. When the eggs are cooled and peeled, remove the yolks and set them aside in a small mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta of your choice – Rochelle of Five Marigolds recommends large elbow macaroni.
- Dice the egg whites and toss with the cooked pasta, along with the red onion and celery.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork and mix in Dijon mustard, a dash of sea salt, light mayonnaise, and Greek yogurt. Stir into the pasta mixture until combined.
- Garnish with paprika, sea salt, and chives. Serve slightly warm or chilled.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!