Egg Nog Bread Pudding with Buttered Rum Sauce
When you want something for a special breakfast or brunch, try this amazing recipe.
2 loaves challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 C. egg nog
1 C. half & half
5 Nellie’s Free Range eggs
2/3 C. sugar
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
whipped cream for garnish
½ C. butter
½ C. sugar
½ C. brown sugar
½ C. egg nog
½ tsp. rum extract
- Place cubed bread in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine egg nog, half & half, eggs, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid mixture over the cubed bread and stir to combine. Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Several hours is better!
- When you are ready to bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon the bread mixture into individual ramekins or into a 9 x 13 baking dish. I filled about (12) 7-ounce ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, (45-50 if using a 9 x 13 pan) until center is set and top is golden brown. If the top begins to get too brown, tent with foil for the remainder of baking time.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the bread pudding is baking, prepare sauce: Heat butter, sugars, and egg nog in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Allow to boil several minutes until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in rum extract.
- Drizzle warm sauce over warm bread pudding and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!