Homemade Eggnog & Bourbon
Amy at Amy Writes
For that special time of year, you absolutely cannot beat the real thing.
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup bourbon
- Nutmeg, freshly grated, to serve
- Separate the eggs. Cover the whites and refrigerate until needed.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar in a medium mixing bowl, until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the milk, cream, and bourbon. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Whisk the egg whites with a hand or stand mixer at high speed until the whites form stiff peaks and fold into the eggnog.
- Serve in glasses with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!