Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
These crazy delicious breakfast burritos are ready to ROCK your morning! With easy make-ahead instructions, you’ll be able to get your meal prep on and have breakfast sorted for the week. Our thanks to Peas and Crayons for this life-saving meal prep recipe.
12 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter, or as needed
1 1/2 bell peppers, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1-2 jalapeño peppers, diced
32 tater tots
8 ounces cheddar, Gouda, or Mexican cheese blend, grated
8 large “burrito-sized” flour tortillas
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Sour cream and salsa for dunking
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Arrange tater tots on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven once hot and crispy.
- While the tater tots are baking, heat a large skillet on medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil or butter. Sauté peppers, onion, and jalapeños until tender. Remove from pan and transfer to a large bowl.
- Return pan to heat and add just enough oil or butter to coat the pan. Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk well, and season with salt and pepper. Add eggs to the greased pan and scramble until cooked through.
- Transfer eggs to the bowl with your veggies and mix until combined.
- For easy burrito assembly, microwave each tortilla for 20 seconds before filling and rolling. Arrange egg and veggie mixture, tots, and cheese in the center of each warmed tortilla, then fold and roll until sealed. Place seam-side down and repeat for remaining tortillas.
If you’re ready to eat:
Bring your pan to medium heat with a little oil to prevent sticking. Once the pan is hot, add the burritos seam side down and cook for about 3 minutes each side or until burritos are hot in the center and golden on the outside. Serve with sour cream and salsa and garnish with cilantro if desired.
If making ahead of time:
Allow cooked burritos to cool completely. Wrap each burrito tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate in a sealed container. To reheat, preheat oven to 350F. Remove the plastic, wrap individually in aluminum foil, and bake until warmed through, about 15 minutes.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!