Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
Liza Hawkins at (a)Musing Foodie
As dazzling colorful as it is delicious!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large Nellie’s Free Range egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups peppermint baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment, you can use butter to generously grease the pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer for 1 minute. Add the egg and the vanilla and continue to mix for 1 minute more.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together. Add it to the butter mixture a quarter cup at a time, mixing after each addition, continuing until it’s just incorporated.
- Mix in ½ cup of the peppermint chips.
- Spread the dough into your prepared baking pan. Add another ½ cup of peppermint chips in a single layer on top.
- Bake the peppermint sugar cookie bars for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center is set.
- Pull the dish out of the oven, pour the remaining peppermint chips in a layer on top, and then place the baking dish on a rack to cool completely.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!