Sunny Side Up Egg Pizza with Goat Cheese & Herbs
Courtesy of Sandra Laflamme
Delicious for breakfast, brunch or any time of the day, this dish is a savory explosion of flavors and textures.
1 ball of pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
6 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
1 package of goat cheese, at room temperature
Fresh sage, chopped
Fresh rosemary, chopped
Kosher or sea salt
Flour for rolling out dough
Tools needed: Round biscuit cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Begin by rolling out the pizza dough on a floured surface.
3. Press dough into a non-stick round pizza pan.
4. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
5.Sprinkle with a good amount of salt, pepper, sage and rosemary.
6. Bake just until the dough begins to harden and becomes a very light golden color.
7. Remove from the oven and carefully cut six holes into the pizza using the biscuit cutter.
8. Save the round pieces of pizza for dipping in the egg yolks! Place them on a baking sheet and return to the oven to continue baking.
9. In the meantime, crack the eggs into each of the six holes in the pizza. Try not to break the yolk! Return the pizza the oven and bake until the eggs whites are firm and the pizza is a nice golden color on the top and bottom. Don’t leave it in too long or the yolks will not be loose enough for dipping, unless of course, that’s how you prefer your eggs.
10. Remove from the oven and crumble chunks of goat cheese on top.
11.Cut into slices while hot-warm and enjoy!
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!