Swedish Heirloom Cookies with Walnuts
Amy at Sizzling Eats
For a Cookie that will melt in your mouth and warm your heart.
- 2 cups of white flour
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of confectionery sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 large cage-free egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups of chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a bowl, cream together the softened butter, and 1 cup of confectionery sugar
- Add in the flour, salt, egg, extracts, and water
- Fold in the chopped nuts
- Form crescents and small heaping tablespoon balls of dough on the cookie sheets- these do not spread so each sheet can fit 12-15 cookies
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown
- Roll warm cookies in confectionery sugar.
- Repeat process until all cookies are baked/coated.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!