Sweet Potato Biscuit with Egg
0 out of 5 based on 0 reviews.Overall rating:
This photo speaks for itself!
- 2 large purple sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 5-6 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- avocado slices
- sliced tomatoes
Sweet potato puree
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice 2 large purple sweet potatoes in half the long way and place flat side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender to the touch. Let the potatoes cool, then peel the skin off the potatoes. Mash the meat of the sweet potatoes into a puree.
Sweet potato biscuits
- In a large bowl, mix whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add in olive oil and maple syrup and mix to combine. Pour in 1 cup of sweet potato puree and mix well.
- Place the dough onto a floured cutting board and knead for 2-3 minutes. Roll the dough to 3/4 inch thick and use a biscuit cutter (or mason jar) to cut biscuits. Place biscuits onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- After biscuits are cooked, fry a Nellie’s Free Range egg to your liking and place on one biscuit. Add sliced tomato and avocado and top with a second biscuit. Dig in!