Tomato, Spinach & Feta Quiche
by Andrea Paul, Registered Dietitian at Kale, Quinoa & Cookies
– 1 pre-made piecrust
– 8 Extra Large Nellie’s Free Range eggs
– ½ cup whole milk
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– ½ teaspoon dried basil
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
– 2-3 small tomatoes (such a Roma tomatoes), sliced thin
– ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. If your pie crust isn’t already set in a dish, roll it out and press it into a pie dish.
2. Preheat oven to 350F
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oregano, basil, and pepper until the egg whites and yolks are well combined.
4. Lay chopped spinach on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour egg mixture over the spinach. Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of the egg, in a single layer. Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
5. Bake quiche on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes, until the egg is just set and the crust is golden brown. Let rest and cool for 5-10 minutes and serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!