This traditional Spanish dish will fill your entire house with savory aromas, letting everyone know that breakfast (or dinner) is almost ready! Topping the tortilla with crumbled feta cheese is a unique spin that makes for a beautiful presentation and is sure to impress. Our thanks to Josh and Mike of Brothers Green for this recipe.
2 russet potatoes
1 large onion
Olive oil for cooking
6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- Thinly slice potatoes and onion.
- In a small nonstick skillet, add 1/2 inch of olive oil, then heat the oil to around 350F over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and potatoes and fry until golden, about 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the fried potatoes and onions into a mixing bowl and add the eggs, parsley, and desired amount of salt and pepper. Stir together and let sit for about 5 minutes, until mixture has slightly thickened.
- Discard most of the oil from the skillet, leaving around 1 to 2 tablespoons, and pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown and fully releases from the pan.
- Flip the egg mixture onto a plate or cutting board, then carefully slide it back into the pan to cook the opposite side for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the center is perfectly cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and top with cheese. Enjoy!
Sign up for amazing recipes, special offers, and $1.50 OFF your next purchase!