Toad in a Hole
Courtesy of Sandra Laflamme
Need a quick, kid-friendly breakfast idea for tomorrow morning? Try something from across the pond!
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tsp. olive oil
2 Nellie’s Cage Free Eggs
Salt and pepper
1. Cut out center of each bread slice, using a 2-1/2 to 3-inch heart, round or other shape cutter; reserve cutouts.
2. Coat large nonstick skillet lightly with oil.
3. Toast bread slices and cutouts on one side in skillet over medium-low heat until golden.
4. Turn bread pieces over.
5. Break and slip an egg into center of each bread slice.
6. Cover pan and cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Season eggs with salt and pepper.